Bugs
I like bugs.
Black bugs.
Green bugs.
Bad bugs,
Mean bugs,
Any kind of bug.
A bug in a rug,
A bug in the grass,
A bug on the sidewalk,
A bug in a glass -
I like bugs.
Round bugs,
Shiny bugs,
Fat bugs,
Buggy bugs,
Big bugs,
Lady bugs,
I like bugs.
- Margaret Wise Brown
Still needs a lot of touching up. Lady bug still has no spots. But here it is! First assignment for Will Terry's class. One of the most AMAZING children's book illustrators I know. How did I get so lucky to have him teach me this class!
Lee be my art friend (see her awesomeness here), among many other wonderful things, and she lets me come to her and her hub Tyler's house to do homework. You know those days where you have to paint aaaallll day like until midnight even? ...You don't? Oh. Anyway, it's WAY easier to keep going when you wanna poke your eyeballs out... when someone is suffering next to you. Thanks to lots of laughs, jokes, stories, movies, music, Tyler entertaining and encouraging, while we paint, it all helps me to just keep swimming... just keep swimming...
6 comments:
Awesome, great composition and colour scheme in this painting
...cont
In both of them, I can sneak a peek at Lee's painting lol
I know isn't Lee's awesome? Will loved it, he kept coming back to it throughout the critique as a better example to others. She rocks. Pretty much.
Look awesome! I loved seeing the progression of the painting, the last pic looks so polished. Funny that your illustrating that poem, I was thinking that you should as I read it. Way awesome, good job!
Thanks Sandy friend!!! I've always loved your feedback. Thanks for looking! Miss you!
Hi Ginny, I apologize for leaving a comment on your blog, but I am not sure how else to contact you. Don Seegmiller gave me your name in regard to the Orem Fire Department mural that you helped with. I work for UVU and I am writing a press release about the mural. I would appreciate your input and insight. If possible, please contact me at ckamenski@uvu.edu or 801 863-6351. Thank you! (And I enjoyed looking at your art, as well!). Regards,
Cheryl
Post a Comment